"Advocating Independence, Equality,
and Opportunity for the Blind"
The Hawaii Association of the Blind is a 501c3 non-profit organization, an entity that survives on the generosity of donors who share in the support of Blind and Visually Impaired people in the State of Hawaii.
Here are a few ways that your monetary donations help to support the Blind.
· Parents and Youths (PAY) - This committee was formed to provide a support group for Parents of Blind youths, while creating social interactive events virtually or in person to help with the development of appropriate social behavior and independence for all blind youths in the state of Hawaii.
· Advocacy - The members of this committee help to bring awareness to the Blind by advocating and supporting legislative bills that may infringe on the rights of the Blind. Testimonies, petitions and a show of support by the membership is often needed at special hearings, and meetings. This committee also helps to educate the blind on how to advocate.
· Publicity - This committee is responsible for managing and maintaining the HAB50 website and all social media sites. The committee also publishes a quarterly newsletter to keep the Blind updated on issues, events and adapted technology.
· Scholarship - Provides financial assistance to Blind and visually impaired student applicants seeking post-secondary education.
· Special Events - This committee creates fun and interactive social events for the Blind both virtually and in-person. These events promotes positive social behaviors and interaction.
· Travelling Program - This program requires a sub-contracted certified orientation and mobility instructor who will teach cane travel to the blind who are in need of learning how to travel independently. This instructor will also provide sighted guide training to HAB sighted volunteers.
There are two ways to donate: click here to donate now, or you can send a check payable to:
Hawaii Association of the Blind
91-1727 Bond St.
Ewa Beach, HI 96706
Enjoy our HAB PSAs: